Stuck for dinner ideas tonight?
This recipe is super quick taking only taking 20 minutes to make and it is really really tasty, great for evenings after a long day at work when you just want to relax with a nice glass of wine and some yummy comforting food.
This recipe is really healthy and combines my new food obsession ‘quinoa’ (which although tastes and looks like a lovely stodgy carb but is actually completely carb free and made entirely of protein)and peanut butter which ever since watching Meet Joe Black as a teenager I have secretly/guiltily eaten out of the pot with a spoon in a effort to be that much cooler like the lovely Brad Pitt…
This recipe is a great healthy alternative to comfort food that will satisfy your taste buds as it’s so delicious!
- 120 g – 2/3 cup of quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts – diced in to bite size pieces
- 2 big handfuls of spinach (or more if you love spinach like me)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
For the sauce:
- 125ml – ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of smooth peanut butter
- Start by rinsing the quinoa and cooking it in a pan of boiling water for about 15 min.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking fry the diced chicken for about 10 min adding salt and pepper to taste
- Once the chicken is cooked add in the soy sauce, water and peanut butter (the peanut butter will thicken the sauce nicely).
- Drain off any excess water off the quinoa and add to the chicken and sauce, at this point you can remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in the spinach and let it wilt by slowly stirring it into the sauce.
- Serve in a bowl and top with sesame seeds.
I hope you ENJOY 🙂